KAYAKING IN PENEDA-GERÊS NATIONAL PARK
ABOUT KAYAKING IN PENEDA-GERÊS NATIONAL PARK
Peneda-Gerês National Park - Where adventure meets nature, tradition and culture.
This tour is more than a simple visit to Peneda-Gerês National Park: it’s a feeling!
If you are a water lover and a nature addict this experience is for you!
Embrace your adventurous side outside the busy city of Oporto: join us on a day tour that combines kayaking, tasty food/ wine, a beautiful waterfall, surrounded by mountain landscapes and amazing places to swim!
The journey begins with a pick up on a 4x4 at your accommodation, you will join like minded people in a small group for the day.
Start your day at the National Park with a Kayak activity in the Caniçada reservoir (apx. 1h30 min).
The magnificent landscape will be your background for the morning, while you can be active by paddling and swimming around the lake.
Take a pit stop on a small sandy beach, to swim, relax and try stand up paddle.
After the activity you will get a chance to change clothes (if needed).
Savour a traditional meal in a local and welcoming restaurant with fair, delicious food and wine included!
After lunch take the opportunity to appreciate the stunning views while driving to the next adventure.
This is the moment where you emerge into the wilderness and beauty of the National Park.
Easy/moderate level walk through to a magical path will take you to a stunningshing waterfall, you'll be able to ground yourself, swim and enjoy the magic!
Throughout the day, you will learn about the cultural and traditional aspects of the villages in the Park.
By taking part on this tour, you will be supporting our active/participative environmental project at the National Park.
Challenge yourself and absorb all the sounds, smells, senses that this experience has to offer!
KAYAKING TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Morning Kayak activity surrounded by stunning mountain landscapes;
- Swim and relax at the beaches of the Caniçada lake;
- Try Stand up paddle;
- Short (easy/moderate level) path to a hidden waterfall - perfect to swim in crystal clear water;
- Learn along the way the cultural and traditional aspects of the villages in the park;
- Amazing landscapes/viewpoints;
- Land Rover experience;
- Supporting our local partners;
- World biosphere reserve by UNESCO.
- Duration: 9/10 hours.
- Travel time 1h40 min: Porto > Nati onal Park / National Park > Porto
- Take in consideration that the land rover is a vintage car, built for the mountains but not for comfort- some parts of the ride can be uncomfortable.
- The kayak activity is apx. 1h30min.
- The path is downhill and uphill, terrain can be slippery and you might need to scramble over some rocks.
- The itinerary can be altered to make the best of the weather conditions.
- The tour may be cancelled/rescheduled due to bad weather conditions.
- The tour may be cancelled/rescheduled if the minimum number of participants is not reached.
- This activity is suitable for everyone from 5 to 75-years-old.
- The tour is not wheelchair accessible or recommended for people with back/knee problems and serious medical conditions.
- Any kind of worries!
SEND US AN EMAIL IF:
- The day you want to book is not available;
- Your accommodation is not in Porto;
- You are in a large group or have a big family;
- You are looking for a private/Taylor made tour;
- If you don’t want to make a reservation by credit card.
Related Adventure Tours
Pick up & drop off included
PENEDA-GERÊS NATIONAL PARK TOUR
Trade the city frenzy for a unique experience! The Gerês national park is the single best spot in the country to Hike through stunning mountain landscapes, to see powerful waterfalls and crystal clear…
PICK UP & DROP OFF INCLUDED
STAND UP PADDLE BOARDING IN THE MOUNTAINS
Every Saturday, we provide a unique Paddle experience at one of the Douro River tributaries. This experience creates an intimate bond with the surrounding nature while at the same time being extremely fun!…