PENEDA-GERÊS NATIONAL PARK TOUR
Duration: 10 Hours
Transportation: Pick up & drop off included
Food: The main ingredients for your lunch are produced by the locals.
ABOUT THE PENEDA-GERÊS NATIONAL PARK TOUR
Over the last 10 years we have worked to provide a special and authentic nature experience outside the busy city of Oporto! A day visiting the beautiful waterfalls & lagoons, the incredible ancient village that we have seen and helped over the years, with luck we can even spot a few wild horses!
This tour is more than a simple visit to Gerês park: it’s a feeling & an experience! Come be a part of it!
Peneda – Gerês National Park is the most exciting place to visit in the whole country if you are a Nature lover! And only 1 hour away from Oporto.
No other place can offer so many different things at the same time: Beautiful landscapes, magical paths, ancient villages and a tasty local gastronomy full of fresh and local products.
We will pick you up from your lodging in a 4×4, and your escape from routine begins!
We do not offer tourist spots. Instead, we offer you the unknown, the hidden secrets that only the locals know! Surrounded by gorgeous mountain landscapes you will make short and accessible walks that will reward you with breathtaking views, wild swimming in crystal clear lagoons with only fish to make you company, waterfalls taken straight from fantasy books and a time travel back to ancient times, where you can see and feel how the locals live, dress and eat in centuries old villages.
To be able to absorb all the sounds, smells, and natural beauty of Gerês all year round, you have to be able to open your heart and clear your mind. Therefore, our price has everything included!
PENEDA-GERÊS TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Small (easy/moderate level) walks to hidden waterfalls & lagoons.
- Amazing landscapes and special viewpoints from the mountains.
- Swim in crystal clean refreshing waterfalls, cliff jumping to lagons or simply relax and enjoy the views.
- A local friendly guide who knows every secret spot and loves meeting people from all places.
- Taste North Portugal’s traditional food and wine; Wine(Vinho Verde) in a local restaurant.
- Learn about the history, culture and people of the countryside of Portugal.
- Participative tourism: be apart of our environmental tourism care project
- A friendly nature local guide;
- Pick-up around 8h30 a-m and drop-off at your accommodation;
- Small-group tour;
- 4×4 experience (we have a special passion for land rovers)
- Giving back to nature project - 1 tree per tour to help reduce our footprint;
- Tradicional and tasty lunch and wine (Vinho verde) in a local restaurant.
- (Vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options)
- Photos and videos from the tour.
- Any kind of worry!
Fall in love with Gerês National Park, just like we and our guides did!
SEND US AN EMAIL IF:
- The day you want to book is not available;
- Your accommodation is not in Porto;
- You are in a large group or have a big family;
- You are looking for a private/Taylor made tour;
- If you are a single traveller;
- If you don’t want to make a reservation by credit card.
Related Adventure Tours
BEST QUALITY EQUIPMENT
PICK UP & DROP OFF INCLUDED
CANYONING IN PENEDA-GERÊS NATIONAL PARK
Canyoning is much more than just jumping, sliding, and abseiling in the river. It means becoming part of the surroundings. Extend yourself, overcome yourself, and have lots of fun in the process! We…
PICK UP & DROP OFF INCLUDED
KAYAKING IN PENEDA-GERÊS NATIONAL
Kayak in the Caniçada reservoir and start your day surrounded by stunning mountain landscapes! We provide you with a completely different perspective of the Gerês National Park with the right amount of fun…